Ongoing Research Projects
Our research is committed to the advancement of cellular therapies for the treatment of diabetes. Staff at the MHITL places great importance on islet cell research by focusing on the following topics:
- Determining the impact of injury and inflammation imposed upon the islets
- Minimizing isolation stress and maximizing islet yields
- Understanding the mechanisms underlying the engraftment of transplanted islets
- Studying the parameters surrounding the survival versus death of the insulin-producing beta cell
- Autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes and its impact on beta cell replacement therapies
In addition to providing the research and clinical communities with human islets, the MHITL also welcomes collaborations on research projects involving:
- Human islet cell culture studies
- Intraportal or kidney subcapsular islet transplantation studies using murine or human islets
- Isolation of mouse islets for animal studies
- In vitro immunohistochemical/immunofluorescence studies on normal or diseased human pancreatic tissue
- In vitro immunohistochemical/immunofluorescence studies on mouse liver or kidney capsule transplants
- Laser Capture Microdissection for gene expression studies
To obtain further information or to initiate a possible research collaboration, please do not hesitate to CONTACT US.
Sorry, there are no posts at this time.
How many people do you know that would benefit from cellular therapies?